Expand your product offering and take your merch to the next level by adding digital products to your store immediately. Digital products are non-physical assets sold by means of a downloadable link online, they can be anything from a e-service, e-book, digital event, printable product, and much more! Enter the world of digital products and monetize your content, digitizing your merch line. Allow your community to purchase and download any product imaginable—from photo filters to audio files, wallpapers to e-comics.
Creators already selling digital products on Teespring are earning 4 digit figures in less than 30 days, so get on board at the opportune time–now! If you’re not sure about which digital product to start with, get some inspiration here.
Navigate the Digital Launcher
Follow these steps in the Digital Launcher to start selling your digital product:
- Choose a category that fits your type of digital product
- Upload your digital product file. This is the file your buyers will purchase and download. Keep in mind, you can only upload one file at a time. If you have a ‘bundle’ of products, or want to include assets such as instructions, be sure to optimize your files into a compressed (.zip) folder and upload them all together.
Showcase your digital creations
- Your preview images should present the product “in action” so buyers can picture what it is they’re buying. For example, if you are selling a wallpaper, include images of your design on several devices. Check out the preview images Bonnie provides for her Vibin’ wallpaper bundle.
- Keep in mind, you can only upload up to 4 images of your digital product. Choose a featured image to appear first as users land on your listing page.
- We recommend your preview images are 900×900 pixels, 1MB in size, and you use file formats such as .jpeg, .png, jpg.
- Ensure you have plenty of effective mockup templates to drop your designs into. Consider using your Placeit subscription and utilize the variety of lifestyle mockups featuring several devices.
Quick tips for starting from scratch
Re-use designs by adding several types of digital product to one listing. For example, if your wallpaper design is killing it with sales–create a bundle of digital products on your storefront featuring the same vibe.
Recycle your successful merch designs and create new digital products with them. Generate a synergy between physical and digital products. Teespring creator Liam Kyle Sullivan is doing this too with his “Kelly” design, featuring her face across both t-shirts and wallpapers.
Test the waters. Trial your digital product with family and friends before promoting it. Use feedback to tailor your product accordingly and share your listing by utilizing the “unlisted” setting under privacy in the Digital Launcher, enabling you to share your listing with a select group of people. Also consider creating limited edition products. For a short time, sell them at a special reduced price for early-comers. Consider running a poll on social media to get an idea of your community’s preferences.
Begin by preparing your digital products and content for upload and sharing. Learn useful tips and next steps to take by getting inspo for creating your first digital product and then head to the Digital Launcher below to start uploading your content.