It’s time to start creating Halloween-themed products! Research by the National Retail Federation showed that total spending for Halloween last year reached a staggering $9 billion, with $3.2 billion going directly towards Halloween costumes. Our in-house trends team has compiled the most popular design trends and products to look out for this year—keep reading to learn more.
Top selling costume collections
Halloween is loved by kids and adults with 48% of people dressing up. Historically, the most popular costumes are:
You can create custom costumes using Teespring’s all-over print products. It’s a great way to increase cart size and profit per order. Don’t forget tote bags are the perfect accessory for trick-or-treating too.
- Neck gaiters: One of our newest specialty items, neck gaiters are a great alternative to makeup when you need a face piece. It’s easy to get spooky with these designs—think zombies, skeletons, and vampires!
- All-over print hoodies & zip-hoodies: All-over print hoodies & zip hoodies are great for people who might not want a full costume for Halloween. Bold and bright, these hoodies will keep you warm on Halloween night.
- Leggings: Our leggings are both a standout piece and comfy—everyone can create this product instantly in the Teespring Launcher.
- Socks: Literally customize your look from head to toe. Create custom socks to match the rest of your costume in the launcher now.
- Tote bags: Ditch the pumpkin bucket or pillowcase this year and use a tote bag instead! Standard totes are fully integrated in the launcher and you can unlock all-over print totes too.
Halloween delivery cutoff dates
Halloween falls on a Thursday this year, which means you’ll want orders to be delivered by Wednesday (Oct 30th). Once we’ve passed the standard shipping cutoff dates, buyers can still receive their products in time for October 31st—they’ll just need to place their order and select ‘rush shipping’ by the “order by date” listed below. Plan to initiate your listing’s print cycle on the standard shipping cutoff date to ensure shoppers get their order in time. Keep in mind delivery timelines are usually faster than what’s listed below, but we use the maximum delivery timeline to make sure there’s plenty of time for orders to be delivered.
Get your products featured
Want to get featured on the Boosted Network and teespring.com? We’ll be searching for listings featuring these keywords so incorporate 1 – 2 of them into your listing title and description when relevant.
- Fright Night
- Trick or Treat
- Boo Crew
Use our official hashtag #TeespringBooCrew when sharing your products on social media for a chance to get featured on Teespring’s social media accounts.
Top 2019 Halloween design trends
If you haven’t unlocked all our specialty products yet don’t worry. Plenty of people celebrate Halloween without dressing in a specific costume (around 52% to be exact). You can add halloween designs to all sorts of Teespring products that are currently available in the Teespring Launcher.
1) Basic witch
Pop culture reigns supreme! Pop culture references, play on words, and rhymes remain popular for every holiday. Don’t shy away from tongue in cheek designs—these are usually the most eye catching and best sellers on the Boosted Network.
2) Creepy combos
Many retailers sell t-shirt pairings and you should too! Great for family outings, school, or work—these designs allow you to match with a friend. Shirts that complete sentences or pairings are a great design option. Keep in mind you can add different designs to your listings instantly. If you need help please contact email@example.com.
3) Zombies, sugar skulls, and ghosts…oh my!
Still need more design inspiration? Check out these popular design themes below.