We want to assure the community that moving forward, your payouts will be secure and reliable with Teespring. This month we implemented security updates which resulted in many payouts being delayed—the primary purpose of these updates was to identify, eliminate and prevent hackers from accessing seller accounts.
In order to ensure your safety we were required to thoroughly analyze all seller accounts before processing payouts, and during this process some accounts required further inspection based on specific behavior—hence the extensive delay for some individuals.
We understand how inconvenient payout delays can be, but these steps were necessary in order to ensure the security of user accounts and payouts across the platform.
Any payouts requested after July 25, 2017 will be processed within one to seven working days. Any pending payouts requested before July 25th will be processed by August 1st.
Below you will find more information on how to fast-track payouts with Teespring and the types of behaviors that may slow down processing speed.
Having certain account characteristics can help you get payouts faster!
How to optimize your account for faster payouts
There are a few ways you can improve the likelihood of having your payouts processed within 24 – 48 business hours.
- Consistently earn pricing discounts: sellers who earn pricing discounts every month due to consistent product sales get pushed to the front of the payouts line (regardless of sales history—so smaller sellers benefit from this too).
- Build up your sales history: seller accounts with an established sales history or numerous processed payouts for a particular payout method (i.e. paypal or payoneer) are also greenlighted for faster processing.
- Two-factor authentication: This helps us ensure your account is legitimate and fast-track you for payout approval (learn more).
A few other ways to optimize your Teespring account for fast-track payouts include having one Teespring account and having an active account for over 30 days. Also, requesting a payout for every sale slows down our system––it’s good practice to wait until you have racked up over $100 or more before you request a payout.
Reasons for longer payout processing timelines
There are a few instances in which a payout can take up to seven business days to process.
- First-time payout: the first time a new seller requests a payout.
- New seller: the seller’s account is less than 30 days old.
- Suspicious behavior: having numerous Teespring accounts, extremely high sale prices, and other “abnormal” behavior can flag an account for further review before we can process payout.
- Payout method: keep in mind it will take longer if you request payout via Bank Check compared to PayPal or Payoneer.
- Multiple pending payout requests: having multiple pending payout requests at one time can slow down processing speed.