Creating discount codes is a fast (and super easy!) way to reward your customer base. Not only can it drive excitement around your listings, it can help boost conversions by up to 60%. Ready to get started?
Creating a Promo Code in 3 Steps
1. Select the Promotions tab on your dashboard.
2. Under Create New Promotion, select the following:
- Promo ID: This is the unique code that will be added to your listing URL, activating the discount.
- Type: Free Shipping (US-Only) or Discount.
- Amount: Create either a monetary discount in dollars, or a percentage discount.
- Expiration date: Select the date in which this offer will automatically expire.
- Be sure to click Add Discount to add it to your account. Be sure that the offer is switched to ON.
3. Add the code to the end of your URL. You will need to add /?pr= before the code in order to activate it. The link should appear as follows:
Please note that the discount must be less than your profit margin in order for the code to activate.
Using Your Promo Codes
Now that you’re up and running, get creative with your promo codes and how you distribute them to your buyers. Check out some examples below and be sure to share your own in the comments!
Reward Past Buyers
Using Teespring’s Buyer Messaging Tool, you can easily send your previous purchasers a discount code to use towards another item from your store. Offer your buyers an exclusive discount on a new line of merch, or drop them a code just to say “Thanks”!
Host Flash Sales
Create a limited time offer to create a sense of urgency, and increase your sales! For example, sales on your newest listing have started to slow down. In response, you send your fans a discount link for 25% off that is only available for the next 24 hours.
Hosting a contest is a great way to activate your fan base across your social media and/or streaming platforms. Offer your fans discount codes for completing specific contest entries. For example, you are running a Gleam contest to boost your sales and engagements. As a part of your prize bundle and/or prizing tiers, you can include discount codes to make your offer more attractive.
Cross platform promotions
Discount codes are a great way to help drive traffic and engagement across your other platforms, such as YouTube, Patreon, and more! For example, you can create a limited time discount code that lives as an annotation within your YouTube video. Or you can offer your Patrons a promo code as a part of their subscription.
Boost your sales messaging and offer your fans a promo code just in time for the holiday season! Participate in key shopping dates (such as Black Friday) or offer buyers a limited time free shipping offer to encourage sales prior to delivery cut-offs.