In 2018, Facebook reported 43% of people started shopping for the holidays by November or earlier. This means it’s time for you to get your holiday selling plan together! Check out our top tips to get the most out of the upcoming holiday season with Teespring.
1) Start early to capture more sales
Don’t make the mistake of waiting until November to drive your holiday sales. Get your holiday listings and storefronts live before the end of September. Begin your holiday promotions and ads in October and ramp up during peak shopping times in November through December.
In our experience there are three types of buyers you’ll want to prepare for:
- Early birds: purchase gifts between September and end of October.
- Holiday crowd: purchase gifts during November and early December.
- Last minute shoppers: purchase gifts week leading up to Dec 25th.
Your goal is to capture as many sales as possible from all three groups in the next four months. You can start creating and selling holiday products now and continue through late December (thanks to Teespring’s rush shipping options). We’ll confirm the Christmas delivery cutoff dates by the end of October.
2) Make it mobile friendly
Holiday mobile shopping has increased over 22% year on year. Keep mobile viewers in mind from ad images to email marketing.
Mobile shoppers will be a big part of our Boosted Network selling strategy this year and it should be part of yours too. Use mobile friendly images and lots and lots of video!
Check out these tools for creating irresistible images for mobile shoppers to learn more…and don’t let the thought of making a video intimidate you—videos can be as simple as compiling photos into a slideshow like the example below.
Teespring seller special: If you’re looking for a tool to create designs, ad images, lifestyle photos, and more then we’d suggest using Placeit! You can also get 20% off your subscription to Placeit with Teespring.
3) Use available tools to drive more sales
You’ve got several sales boosting tools at your fingertips within your Teespring account. The most important ones you should familiarize yourself with are:
- Storefronts: gives you the ability to house all your products in one place and take advantage of cross-selling and product categories. Products featured in stores tend to drive 20% more sales.
- Buyer message tool: gives you the ability to contact past buyers and share promo codes and new products with them (to promote repeat shopping). Over 35% of Teespring customers become repeat shoppers.
- Boosted Network: gives you the ability to list your products on global marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Wish and more. The Boosted Network has driven over 1,000,000 sales for 150,000 individual Teespring sellers. To take advantage of this tool you need to opt-in and verify your payout info within your account settings as well as build up your sales history.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics (GA) is a free reporting tool that provides information regarding website visitors and their behavior. As one of the most comprehensive applications available on the web, it can track site visits, referral traffic, buyer demographic info, and much, much more. Take advantage of our GA integration to learn more about your buyers.
- Promotions: gives you the ability to create promo codes for shoppers. Promotions have been proven to boost conversion by up to 60%.
4) Optimize your listings for search engines
Optimizing your listing title and description is key to the discoverability of your products! Check out our top 3 tips on how to optimize your listings in the blog now.
Apart from optimization you need to make sure your account is eligible to appear in Teespring’s marketplace and the Boosted Network. To do this you need to:
- Add payout information to the setting section of your account
- Opt-in to the Boosted Network in your account settings
- Drive your first few sales to get assigned a trust score. Note that users with no sales history are rarely assigned a trust score.
5) Go global this year
There are tons of events going on between now and January 2019. Mark your calendars for these upcoming events, create designs, and share them with shoppers. Keep in mind you can create global products in the Teespring Launcher to offer your buyers the cheapest and fastest shipping options available.