With November fast approaching, it’s time to prepare your store for the holiday season. Now that you’ve got your designs sorted thanks to our holiday sweater guide, you can update your store to match this festive theme. Check out four ways you can optimize your store to maximize sales this holiday season. Keep in mind you can edit your Teespring Storefront instantly—check out the video below to see how it’s done. Continue reading for useful tips on how to ‘holidize’ your store and where to find designs.
Optimize your store for holiday selling
Did you know that products featured within storefronts get 58% more views and sell 20% more on average? If you want to maximize your sales this holiday season you better make sure your storefront is active and optimized. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Customize your store: add a personal logo and banner to set your store apart. Consider incorporating holiday themed imaging into your store logo and banner to encourage gift purchases over the holidays.
2) Create consistent branding: activate listing page branding to provide shoppers with a visually consistent experience from your storefront to listing page.
3) Enable product categories: use product categories to organize products within your store and help shoppers find what they’re looking for.
4) Increase sales with cross-selling: enable cross-selling to allow us to recommend other products from your store to buyers. This can help increase shoppers’ cart size and units per order at checkout.
1. Customize your store
If you’re in need of design elements to add to your store there are lots of tools available online… plus you don’t have to be a graphic designer to use them! ????
- PlaceIt: This platform enables you to create a variety of assets such as logos, promotional graphics and mockups. If you sign up with Teespring you’ll get an additional 20% off for life!
- Canva: With Canva you can choose from premade templates, stock photos, cartoon images, shapes, icons, and more when creating a design. Similar to Teespring’s text tool, Canva also has a text generator with over 100 different fonts to choose from.
A logo is an important way to brand your store because it helps your buyers identify and remember you. If you already have a logo, you could tweak it to feature a festive font or add some snowflakes for example. If you don’t have a logo, this could be the perfect time to create one!
As mentioned PlaceIt is a great platform to create a logo–all you need to do is type in your store name and pick an industry. You’re also able to decide on two colors for your logo to match your store branding. Then you can choose from the variety of logos PlaceIt generates and download it.
Add a banner to your storefront to make your store stand out. You can get super creative with your banner and even use gradient effects or coloring to make it interact with your store brand color. You can see from the Simon’s Cat example below that they have chosen a store theme color to match the banner image. This means they blend together seamlessly creating a professional look.
Consider incorporating festive photos of you or customers into your banner as well. If you don’t have the time or resources to do your own photoshoots, not to worry! With tools like PlaceIt, you can easily create visually engaging lifestyle mockups–all you need is your design file to upload into PlaceIt.
You can also include text within the banner to include further information about your store or a discount code for example. You can see from our example below we’ve included a promotion code within the banner, which will grab the buyer’s eye immediately.
2. Create consistent branding
When editing your store you can choose to “Extend branding to products”. By activating this setting your logo and theme colors will carry over to your listing pages. This setting provides shoppers with a consistent, branded experience as they go from your store and click through to get a closer look at your products. You can see from the gif below that when you click on a product, the logo and color theme follow through from the store to the product page.
3. Enable product categories
Enable product categories to ensure shoppers can easily find your products. This feature instantly organizes and groups products in your store based on the product category they belong too.
Products will automatically appear within their corresponding category. Please note TeespringGo products (such as lapel pins or plushies) will be visible on the ‘All’ page of your store. Categories will only appear if you offer a product that belongs to them—for example, if you don’t offer homeware products in your store the product category ‘homeware’ will not be visible. Check out the list of available categories below.
4. Increase sales with cross-selling
To maximize your holiday sales be sure to enable cross-selling in your store. Cross-sells on Teespring are featured in three places: listing pages, checkout pages, and the thank you page after purchase. This way we can increase a buyer’s cart size (and units per order) by suggesting your other products as they check out. This is why it’s important for you to group related products and designs within your store.
6 responses to “4 ways to optimize your Teespring Storefront for holiday selling”
I would like to get my own socks made here and sent to me but got hit by the stupid stick on just where to go to do it, it keeps on sending me to my store?
Hey Lee, you should be able to find socks in the Teespring launcher. If you are having issues please email [email protected]
Why is it that my design not listed that I created and saved ? It’s not even showing up in my saved items or on the site and why are
Hey Catrina, please drop an email to [email protected] for assitance!
I understand cross selling is available within a store but not between store fronts. I have a store will all my designs then I have other stores to plit these designs into categories/niches.
1. is it possible to create in a store collections by theme ( design)?
2. On my niche stores, can I advertise on store banner my main Teespring store to have people looking at the rest of the designs I have created? Or is this against policy?
Hey there, no I’m afraid you can’t divide your store into collections. However, you can add product categories by product type (e.g accessories). You can also “star” 4 of your products to display them at the top of your storefront. You are able to use imagery from your main store in your banner, as long as it is directing shoppers to another Teespring store (not an external website). Hope that helps 🙂