Tax season is coming up! Teespring sellers who have requested more than $600 USD in payouts within the calendar year may be prompted to provide more information for tax purposes (see image below). Sellers with multiple accounts will need to update their account information within each accounts as we will be merging your payout amount into one 1099 form.
If you’ve previously completed the form but your Tax Exemption Type has changed within the calendar year (for example, from Individual to Corporation) please be sure to notify email@example.com as soon as possible.
Example of the tax information form
If you’ve received over $600 in payouts from Teespring within the calendar year you may be prompted to fill out the tax information form. The first part of the form asks you to identify yourself—this information helps us determine if you need to receive a 1099. Here’s a further explanation of each option:
- Corporation: Select this option if you are filing taxes as a corporation.
- Individual: Select this option if you are filing taxes as an individual.
- Non-profit: Select this option if you are filing taxes as a 501(c) organization (non-profit organization).
- International: Select this option if you are an international entity (you reside year-round outside of the U.S).
Please note only individuals will receive a Form 1099 from Teespring—all other types (corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and international entities etc.) are responsible for reporting taxes themselves by consulting a tax accountant.
Check your account information
Please remember you have until Sunday, January 13th, 2019 at 11:59PM PST to update your tax info within your Teespring account settings.
- Make sure your Teespring login email is valid (we will email your 1099 form to this email address).
- Make sure your default address in your seller dashboard under “Settings” is correct.
- Remember to notify firstname.lastname@example.org if your Tax Exemption Type has changed (for example, from Individual to Corporation).
Make sure your default address is reflects your residential address of 2018
If you don’t update your information and do not receive a Form 1099 from Teespring it is still your responsibility to file your taxes properly based on your earnings, including earnings from Teespring. Teespring cannot provide tax advice—please consult a tax professional.
A link to your Form 1099 will be sent to the email address associated with your Teespring account by January 31, 2019.
If you have more questions about this process please refer to the FAQ page below. If you require further assistance please contact email@example.com.
Check out the tax FAQ page below.