Teespring has officially integrated with YouTube! This means that you can have your merchandise appear beneath your YouTube videos. Here’s what the merch shelf looks like:
Early data from a group of beta creators demonstrated that using the merch shelf led to a meaningful increase in visits to purchase pages as well as revenue from merchandise sales. We’re excited to work with YouTube to diversify your income through merch and make it more accessible to your viewers on YouTube.
Here are a few more details about the merch shelf:
- It’s only visible to viewers in France, Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Canada, Australia and the United States (so you’ll still need to post the link in the description or use cards and end screens).
- The merch shelf will display up to 12 products, selected from your active Teespring listings. Your merchandise will be ordered based on sales, with the most popular designs being displayed first. However, we’ll prioritize designs launched in the previous 10 days over older designs.
- You can choose to select the first 4 products to be displayed under your videos at any given time using the ‘Integrations’ tab in your Teespring account.
- Sales referred from your merch shelf will qualify for an additional YouTube bonus of $1 per item sold. This bonus offer is valid through June 2019.
1. YouTube bonus
Sales referred from your YouTube merch shelf will qualify for an additional YouTube bonus of $1 per item sold, paid at the end each month. Stickers do not count towards the bonus. Bonus is valid through June 2019.
2. Fast VIP support with firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support team is available 8am-11:30pm EST M-F, 4pm – 8pm EST Saturday and Sunday. We will respond to any enquiry within 12 business hours.
3. Help with design
A one-time design consultation where you can upload up to three files for review by our design team within five business days.
We’ll provide a free personal consultation and a design you and your fans will love if you have 500K+ subscribers and have uploaded a video in the past 60 days. You own the design and we’ll send you the original art files.
If you think you qualify, please email email@example.com and they’ll put you in touch with a Teespring Creator Manager.
You can also check out this blog post about how to source designs and ideas.
How to set it up
It’s super easy to enable the YouTube merch shelf. We’ve created short video to explain the process or you can follow the step by step instructions below:
- Navigate to your YouTube Studio Beta and click on “Monetization.” You’ll only see this option if your channel is eligible.
- Navigate to merchandise and click “see more”. Then click “Get Started” to proceed to connect accounts. From there, click “Get Teespring ID” which will open a new tab on Teespring. Just sign in with your Teespring account (or create a new one).
- Once you sign in (or sign up), we’ll display a nine-digit Teespring “Store ID” number. You need to copy/paste it into your YouTube Studio Beta to finalize the connection.
- Paste your nine-digit Store ID into Creator Studio. (We’ll also send you an email with your Store ID so you have it for your records.)
- Within the YouTube Studio Beta, you’ll have the ability to disable or disconnect your Teespring and YouTube accounts. If you’re not quite ready for merch to show up underneath your videos, you can click the “Disabled” toggle. If you want to completely dissociate your YouTube and Teespring accounts, click “Disconnect account.”
“Teespring product editor” takes you to Teespring (check out our Creator Guide for best practices). Note that it can take up to 14 hours for your products to show up underneath your videos after completing the connection.
If you need help with something or have other questions, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or use YouTube’s “contact us” page. You can also check out YouTube’s help center article.